Qualifications: Four (4) year degree or equivalent along with at least three (3) years of contract document experience, or alternatively, two (2) year degree with five (5) years of contract document experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Position Summary: Facilitate and coordinate the contract evaluation and negotiations during procurement through contract execution for customer contracts for assigned projects and act as the contractual link between customers and internal groups including operations, legal, estimating, engineering, commissioning, quality, risk management, and accounting.
Essential Job Functions
Facilitates and coordinates customer contract reviews and negotiations throughout the contract lifecycle for assigned projects, from bidding, to project award and contract negotiation, into implementation and through the project closeout. Act as the primary point of contact between customer and company on contract document related items. Maintains the customer/company relationship by providing high quality customer service to both internal and external customers. Based on training from an attorney, supports basic contract requests and drives document reviews.
In coordination with engineering, quality and safety, facilitates all contract-related bid submittals, exhibit preparation and edits, and obtains insurance information, including contract edits concurrently with legal review and advice of the attorneys. Reviews and edits applicable insurance requirements as appropriate.
Acts as the main contact between customers and company on contract document related items on assigned projects. Monitors the contract and exhibits negotiation status on assigned projects. Initiates and takes responsibility for teleconference meetings with customers and company project managers, in-house attorneys and others concerning contract status, outstanding questions and issues, and next steps. Maintains customer contract and exhibit negotiation status spreadsheet and ensures alignment between customer and company project managers, in-house attorneys, and others regarding contract status.
Coordinates with internal groups including operations, estimating, engineering, commissioning, quality, risk management, and accounting regarding non-legal exhibit edits. Reviews customer contracts to ensure all required key terms as outlined on a contract review checklist, have been addressed in the contract negotiations prior to finalizing the customer contract. Assists with preparation of any limited notice to proceed agreements which may be necessary to initiate project implementation prior to finalizing the customer contract.
Communicates with company project managers to ensure pertinent customer contract documents are completed and that all necessary information is input into company’s system. Distributes customer contract and exhibits to project manager and relevant field personnel. Files with state storm water pollution prevention plan permit submittals and notices of intent. Corresponds with customers, field personnel and attorneys to help resolve questions submitted by customers. Reviews change orders for accuracy and completeness, as well as recording change orders provided to the Owner and coordinating execution. Keeps up to date on policies and procedures involving customer terms and conditions and takes appropriate steps to ensure compliance. Manages insurance activity ensuring that all insurance certificates, bonds, SDI and special coverages are accurately requested and provided to the Owner on a timely basis.
- Works with company project managers, accounting and in-house attorneys to facilitate customer financing documentation. Audits and monitors contract submittal requirements, particularly related to preparation and execution of completion certificates and ensures substantial and final completion notices/certificates are submitted. Process storm water pollution prevention plan permit terminations.
- Through oversight of the attorney, prepares, examines, edits and implements contracts involving purchases, leases, and general commercial contracts among other departments in the company (i.e. HR, Logistics, IT).
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality with privileged information. Provide support to the Attorney as requested. Organize and archive email communication between customer and company regarding customer contracts. Assist company in-house attorneys with administrative activity including expense reimbursement, travel arrangement, and continuing legal education credits.
Other Job Functions
- Attends trainings and seminars to keep up to date on changes in contracting issues and insurance concerns.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Contracting experience required.
- Knowledge of construction terms and construction contract structure preferred.
- Good communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- Ability to facilitate review, negotiation and preparation of multiple customer contracts at the same time.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Skill in negotiating, writing and understanding contract terms and conditions.
- Self-motivated and can work independently as well as work with a team at all levels within the company.
- Pleasantly assertive when required.