Lineman/QEW Inspector - San Francisco

Cordoba Corporation | San Francisco, CA

Rate:  -
\"Daily -
\"Hour -
\"Project -
Hiring starts approximately
This job is hiring at a future date. Apply now to get your name on the hiring list.
Posted Date 2/21/2024
Description Overview

Electric - Lineman/QEW Inspector - San Francisco, CA

An opportunity exists at Cordoba for a Qualified Electrical Worker (QEW). Located in the Cordoba San Francisco Office. The QEW is responsible for safe inspection activities of overhead and underground distribution lines. The QEW position is responsible for supporting the lifecycle of a project: plan, design, develop, and support inspection activities. The ideal candidate will contribute the following to the team; 1) experience in electric distribution designs and construction 2) experience verifying and providing written and visual documentation (photos/reporting) of distribution electrical equipment, and 3) act as a team player comfortable coordinating with designers and engineers to execute electric distribution inspections. We are seeking motivated individuals who are eager to learn and have exceptional organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.

Responsibilities

  • The qualified candidate should be familiar with the design and construction of electric distribution lines and be able to apply their knowledge to oversee and inspect.
  • QEW will conduct visual inspections of electric overhead structures & underground enclosures by removing covers, pumping out water and removing any debris so a clear photo can be taken.
  • Follow all local safety rules and regulations.
  • Ensure all required reports are entered timely and accurately.
  • Report priority issues, interact with customers regarding safety issues detected.
  • Report & work with PM as well as engineering team at Cordoba to resolve onsite issues.
  • Provide clear and concise comments.
  • Identify trends or new issues and raise them for management review along with potential solutions.
  • Ensure and maintain compliance with applicable company and client standards and procedures.
  • Attend meetings with clients, vendors and governing agencies as required.
  • Contribute to the development and implementation of department and company goals.
  • This position is in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA. The nature of this position involves traveling from job site to job site all over the Bay Area and surrounding areas within the PG&E territory.
Qualifications

  • Strong written and verbal English language communication skills.
  • Ability to work effectively as part of a team and/or independently. Must be adaptable and flexible.
  • Proficiency utilizing knowledge and skills with MS Office Suite (including MS-Word, MS[1]Excel, MS-Outlook) and computer applications.
  • Legal authorization to work in the U.S.A. on a full-time basis without sponsorship.
  • Ability to pass a pre-authorized physical including a drug-screening and background check.
  • High level of personal integrity with a strong work ethic. Experience: Required:
  • Lineman Certificate, 10+ years overhead/underground electric utility distribution and/or transmission line maintenance/construction experience.
  • Salary: $65-$68/Hr.
  • About 90% of the work is field inspection work in the bay area, the other 10% can be done from home.
Our Company

Cordoba Corporation is a nationally recognized civil engineering, construction management, program management, and planning firm. We specialize in education and facilities, transportation, and water and energy. In collaboration with our clients, Cordoba has facilitated the development of several complex and highly visible infrastructure projects throughout California.

Our efforts have resulted in national recognition for four consecutive years as a "top 100 professional service firm," in addition to a "top 50 program management firm" by Engineering News-Record.

Salary66.50 Hour
Trade
Lineman
Per Diem
None
NEW FEATURE: Build interest in your upcoming jobs by listing a future hire date.
Hiring on future date?
No

Share this job