MasTec’s Clean Energy and Infrastructure Group (CE&I) is a $2 billion annual revenue business unit that provides construction services for industrial facilities; building products manufacturers, power generation facilities, manufacturing plants; solar, wind, and thermal energy plants; buildings, and infrastructure.
Within the CE&I group, the MasTec Industrial sector includes sister companies Casey Industrial, Phoenix Industrial and Wanzek Industrial. This collective industrial group provides a merit shop, multi-craft industrial contractor with the ability to self-perform all major craft trades that ensures greater safety, quality, flexibility, and economy in delivering the work required to complete each project. The collective experience and knowledge of this team provides comprehensive project development, pre-construction planning, and project management with the mastery to successfully manage projects that meet deliverable and budgetary requirements. With every project, we commit to providing the highest levels of quality, safety, and value.
At MasTec Industrial, we are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best talent. No matter your role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our success as we deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical wiring, equipment, fixtures and ensuring that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
Minimum of Oregon general journeyman electrician license. $50 per hour to start. Washington license a bonus.
Able to work from ladders and man lifts.
Able to work regular 50hr work weeks with occasional 60hr weeks.
Able to bend and install rigid conduit.
Able to work in a team environment.
Able to read and understand electrical drawings. (preferred, not required)
Able to troubleshoot electrical systems. (preferred, not required)
Local preferred but not required
Available to start immediately
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promote and comply with all Company and safety policies and procedures
- Ensure the proper functioning of all electrical units in the facility
- Ensure scheduled checks for spotting any malfunctions
- Comply with all safety norms and regulations of working
- Appropriate use and handling of electrical testing and repair equipment
- Completion of all tasks as assigned by the supervising manager
- Maintain records of all electrical inventories and place orders for spare parts and equipment
- Maintain a log of electrical repair and maintenance works
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 4+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- NCCER Certification/License (preferred but not required)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Be knowledgeable of MIC Health and Safety programs and project specific regulations.
- When on-site, actively participate in daily toolbox meetings with crews and subcontractors.
- Set a personal example of safe behavior.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Add and subtract two-digit numbers, multiply and divide with 10's and 100's and ability to perform these operations using units weight measurement and volume
- Common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form
- Ability to work within precise standards of accuracy and follow set procedures and standards
- Other may duties may be assigned
- Work up to a 12-hour shift doing hard physical work in varying temperatures and outside conditions.
- May need to maintain physical strength and stamina; Use arms, hands, and legs fully; Push, pull, and frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; and stoop, kneel, balance, crouch, crawl, and climb to perform job tasks.
- Stamina to perform this task repetitively and continuously for several hour intervals.
- Uncontrolled environmental conditions: Constant change in weather and site conditions.
- This work environment may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to- safety toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.).
- Move in and around confined, cluttered, and uneven areas.
- May need to work at heights and must be able to abide by all safety and fall-protection requirements; must be able to wear and utilize all safety equipment required for work at heights.
- Evaluate information based on measurable standards; and see details in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes and shadings.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from drawings.
- Keep good balance and work at heights.
- See well (either naturally or with correction).
- Hear well (either naturally or with correction.)
- Coordinate the use of eyes, hands, and feet.
This position is a Full-Time position scheduled to work typically 50 hours per week. Schedule is subject to projects requirements.
Travel required up to 90%. Position requires presence directly on the Project Site location with intermittent travel to residence of record.
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401k, Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), Legal Services, Subsistence- based on company policy if residence of record is 60 miles or greater from the project site.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.