Casey Industrial provides multi-craft process installations across the continental USA in the Power Generation, Industrial, and Biofuels markets. We are well-known for providing cost-effective, complete, and timely installations constructed in a collaborative relationship with clients who value our unwavering focus on safe work and quality work practices. Casey Industrial, founded in 1947, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MasTec, Inc., a publicly-traded, minority-controlled corporation. With its global infrastructure, MasTec, Inc. serves a variety of markets, including Power Generation, Oil & Gas, Transmission and Distribution, Renewable Energy, and Telecommunications.
At Casey Industrial, we are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best talent. No matter your role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our success as we deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Install, remove, and/or modify; electrical equipment and apparatus pertaining, but not limited to Heavy industrial electrical installation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Installing, removal of, and/or modification to; electrical equipment, cable tray, Aluminum and Galvanized, conduit GRC, Aluminum, Stainless Steel, limited EMT, lighting, overcurrent protection devices, installing wiring to electrical motors, U/G conduit installation, and Grounding activities.
- Connecting power to various electrical systems, and heating and cooling systems.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, electrical code specifications, one-line diagrams and schematics in order to effectively install equipment and make correct electrical connections.
- Diagnose, locate the cause of, and repair malfunctioning systems and components using test equipment.
- Follow Company and client Lock-out/Tag-out procedures.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records including wiring installation and megger readings.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, and equipment.
- Direct and train other workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- All work performed by an industrial electrician must meet the regulations of the National Electrical Code, state or municipal codes or other code determined by authority having jurisdiction, and specifications from engineering.
- Support project with other tasks as directed by supervision.
- Communicate with Foreman regarding any problems arising, materials required, or any hazards noted.
- Ability to work different shifts and overtime as required.
- Work under production schedule pressure.
- Attain set standards of accuracy.
- Be able to perform duties in a safe manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Journeyman: a minimum of four years’ experience in craft.
- Master Journeyman: a minimum of four years’ experience in craft and hold one of the.
- following Licenses or certifications that reciprocate with the State of Projects location and with the project’s requirements; State Journeyman Electrical License, State Electrical license, or Hold Industrial Electrician certification from NCCER by passing written exam.
- Each employee Must provide Safety Toe Boots.
- Each employee must provide Safety Toe Boots.
- Each employee is required to provide their own set of appropriate/approved hand tools and personal tools, per the Casey Tool List, needed to preform daily tasks as required. The Company will provide all power tools and personal safety gear.
- Follow all state, company, client, OSHA, and federal guidelines regarding health and safety.
- Each employee is to practice and maintain good “House Keeping” by cleaning up their work area and jobsite after each task.
- Work up to a 12-hour shift doing hard physical work in varying temperatures and outside conditions.
- May need to maintain physical strength and stamina; Use arms, hands, and legs fully; Push, pull, and frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; and stoop, kneel, balance, crouch, crawl, and climb to perform job tasks.
- Stamina to perform this task repetitively and continuously for several hour intervals.
- Uncontrolled environmental conditions: Constant change in weather and site conditions.
- This work environment may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to- safety toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.).
- Move in and around confined, cluttered, and uneven areas.
- May need to work at heights and must be able to abide by all safety and fall-protection requirements; must be able to wear and utilize all safety equipment required for work at heights.
- Evaluate information based on measurable standards; and see details in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes and shadings.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from drawings.
- Keep good balance and work at heights.
- See well (either naturally or with correction).
- Hear well (either naturally or with correction.)
- Coordinate the use of eyes, hands, and feet.
This position is a Full-Time position scheduled to work typically 50 hours per week. Schedule is subject to projects requirements.
Travel required up to 90%. Position requires presence directly on the Project Site location with intermittent travel to residence of record.
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Supplemental benefits, 401k, Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), Per Diem- per days worked if residence of record is 100 miles or more from the project site.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.