Location: Ghent, KY
Pay Rate: Up to $32/Hour
Hours: 50 Hours/ Week
The Systems Group is looking for an energetic individual to be our next Combo Pipe Welder teammate. We are looking for someone to help with the day-to-day issues that pop up but to also be part of the big picture and contribute to the long-term strategy of our operations across the country. Our company mission statement is, “Engineered Solutions for a Safer, More Productive Steel Industry”. The person that we select for this position must believe in that mission and be committed to the success of our Ghent Team which is a key component of our overall business.
We believe in giving people the opportunity to be successful which has resulted in us developing our “Keys to Success”: 1. TEAMMATES need to know expectations and have the information, materials, tools, equipment, and training to perform their jobs safely and productively. 2. Then TEAMMATES need to be held accountable. In a nutshell, we will give you the opportunity and what you need to be successful and then expect you to perform. We expect you to do the same with your Teammates. This job is not for the weak at heart or someone who wants to sit on the sidelines. You must be committed to Making a Difference.
Combo Pipe Welder Job Responsibilities:
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly
- Weld together metal components of products such as piping systems, plates, pipes, and tube or structural shapes, as specified by layout, blueprints, diagram, work order, welding procedures, or oral instructions, using electric arc-welding equipment
- Plan installation or repair to avoid obstructions and avoid interfering with the activities of other workers
- Secure pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers, using hand tools and power tools
- Weld in any direction – flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions
Benefits – Company subsidized health insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid vacation, paid holidays, and opportunities for continuing education, such as NCCER certifications and our in-house Welding Training Program.
Combo Pipe Welder Job Skills:
- Must be able to observe and recognize problems during the welding process and adjust speed, voltage, amperage, or feed of the rod
- Must be able to read and interpret prints and plans
- Must be able to properly use tools
- Must be able to weld both carbon steel and stainless steel pipe
- Must be able to do basic math
- Must be able to make precise measurements
- Use stick, mig, tig, and flux core welding techniques to weld various components in varying positions
Experience and Requirements:
- Combo Pipe Welding in an industrial setting is preferred
- OSHA Approved Met-Guard boots (annual company allowance provided)
- Must be able to weld and pass qualification test coupons during the pre-employment test
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
So, do you think you have what it takes to join The Systems Family? Apply Now!