Primary function of an Electrical Mechanic/Journeyman/Lead Electrician: Install and connect starting relays, variable-speed motor controls, defrost timers, high and low pressure switches, oil pressure failure switches, humidistats, limit switches, solenoid valves, and short cycle timers. May interpret electrical drawings, including site plans, floor plans, and detail drawings. May be responsible for craft that installs and repairs wiring, electrical, and control wiring.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical code.
- Prepare sketches showing locations of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints, insuring that completion of future walls, ceilings and flooring measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit, using such tools as saws, pipe threading machines, and conduit bender.
- May measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit, using such tools as saws, pipe threading machine, and conduit bender.
- Supervise or pull wiring through conduit assisted by a helper.
- Splice wires by stripping insulation away from terminal leads twisting wires together and applying tape or terminal.
- Connect wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment.
- Install control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker pane.
- Connect power cables to equipment such as electric motors, and install grounding leads.
- Test continuity of circuitry of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery, and buzzer, and oscilloscope.
- Observe functioning of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- May supervise or repair faulty equipment or systems.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Rate information using personal judgment or standards that can be measured or checked
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often
- Use reason and logic
- Perform arithmetical operations rapidly and accurately
- See detail in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes or shadings
- Picture flat drawings as 3-dimensional objects
ALL Applicants must be: 18 years of Age, Able to Pass a Drug Test, Legally Eligible to Work in the US. Additional Requirements for Craftworkers: Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required), Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools), May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities).
CROWDER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer