Our team is dedicated to placing the best workers in the best positions!
We are currently seeking 1st Class Marine/Deck Electrician to work in Newport News Virginia. To be considered for this opportunity, you must have a minimum 3 years of Deck Electrician experience in the shipyard.
- Must be able to obtain a Government facility security pass (DBIDS)
- OSHA 10 Maritime & Firewatch Training
- Must be able to pass a seven-year background check w/ No Felonies
- Must be able to pass a 90-day Hair Follicle drug test
- Must pass drug test and E-Verify.
- Must understand the layout of the ship and compartment identification Basic reading, writing and math skills required
- Personal Protective Equipment:
Hard Hat, Steel Toe Safety Boots, Safety Glasses, Gloves
Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to read and interpret shipboard electrical installation drawings, wiring tables, schematics, and work packages.
- Work independently with proper instruction.
- Proficient in the use of basic electrical meters and test instruments (volt-ohm meter, clamp-on ammeter, insulation resistance testers (mergers, etc.).
- General deck electrician work. (i.e. layoff and mount electrical equipment and wireways; install cable penetrations in equipment, bulkheads, and decks; cable installation; cable terminations; and cut-in and hook-up)
- Proficient in the use of basic electrician hand tools (i.e. Pliers, wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, connector crimping tools, etc.)
- Physically able to climb vertical and inclined stairs and ladders, crawl, bend, stoop, work at heights, and work in confined spaces.
A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. employees through Essential Staff Care. Available plans include:
- Medical / Prescription
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Short Term Disability Benefits
- Term Life Benefits
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit