Job Summary/ Responsibilities:
- Fabricate items using common hand, bench, and freestanding equipment including drills, taps, and cutoff saws, clamping devices and marking tools.
- Read and interpret construction and engineering drawings, blueprints, and welding symbols.
- Create structurally sound welds in accordance with AWS D1.1 specifications.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment Because our work is so unique, your responsibilities might change based on the project.
- Produce finishes using stationary and portable grinding, sanding, and polishing equipment.
- Knowledge of and experience fabricating tooling details a variety of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and alloys (aluminum 6061 and mild steel A36 A1010 are a must).
- Ability to sit or stand extended time.
- Must be able to routinely and safely lift, push, and pull up to 35 lbs.
- Prior experience in operating a forklift, or willingness to earn forklift certification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in both mechanical and manual welding practices.
- Extensive knowledge of various welding techniques, including TIG Welding (GTAW), MIG welding (GMAW), Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) Arc welding (SMAW), Oxy-fuel and Plasma cutting non C&C, Weld Tooling components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Welders must be able to certify to the following vertical-up open root tests. GMAW Carbon Steel A36 Thickness 0.063 and 0.375 Position 3G FCAW Carbon Steel A36 Thickness 0.375 Position 3G SMAE Carbon Steel A36 Thickness 0.375 Position 3G (May be required) GMAW Aluminum 6061 Thickness 0.063 and 0.375 Position 3G GTAW Carbon Steel A1010 Thickness 0.063 Position 3G GTAW Aluminum 6061 Thickness 0.063 and 0.375 Position 3G GTAW Alloy Steel Thickness 0.063 Position 3G (May be required) GTAW Stainless Steel Thickness 0.063 Position 3G
(May be required) Preferred Qualifications:
- AWS CWI (Certified Welding Inspector) .
- Experience welding Invar 36% nickel-iron alloy is a plus.
- Experience using manual milling and lathe machines.
- Operate a variety of manual and CNC machining equipment such as press brakes, plate rollers, drilling machines, milling machines, lathes, shearing and forming machines, cold saws, high-capacity semi-automatic band saws, and plasma tables.