Education Requirements: Reading, writing, and comprehension skills normally acquired through completion of high school.
Experience: 1 year of experience supervising or working on a construction crew.
Position Summary: Establish and maintain high morale while supervising construction crews, demonstrate mastery and safety of equipment and materials, and ensure all necessary inspections are completed. The Foreman is accountable for the actions of the crew if the responsibilities of the crew members are not followed through.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise and direct work of subordinate construction workers in a variety of tasks, and assists in their development. Oversee and assist crew as necessary. Stay with crew as much as possible and delegate errands to crew members if possible. Keep tasks moving when Trade Superintendent is not present.
- Ensure and monitor the crew’s safety practices. Lead and perform JHA’s during Foreman’s Daily Huddle meetings. Support Blattner’s CATS behavior based safety program.
- Prepare and attend meetings as needed.
- Ensure all equipment, materials and small tools are in safe operating condition. Ensure Equipment Walk-around, DOT Vehicle, and pre-operational inspections are routinely and fully completed.
- Record accurate and complete data for time card system. Complete applicable paperwork accurately.
- Produce highly productive cycle times for labor, equipment and materials, and identify and evaluate job cost reduction strategies. Identify and monitor critical items that reduce productivity or complicate scheduling. Communicate to Trade Superintendent any ideas or suggestions to improve processes and productivity.
- Responsible to communicate to front line employees, the appropriate information regarding corporate information, Best Practices, project safety concerns, project rules, Plan of Day, etc.
- Plan the necessary labor, equipment and materials on a daily and weekly schedule, including the Short Interval Plan (three-week look ahead), to avoid re-work, double handling of materials, etc.
- Display professional ethics and comply with and enforce company policies for handling complaints, eliminating harassment, and assuring non-discriminatory actions among all workers.
- Collaborate with the Trade Superintendent when issuing conduct warnings to ensure consistency with the employee handbook, the jobsite, and the company.
- The Foreman is expected to develop and maintain good working relationships with clients, subcontractors, vendors and co-workers, etc. by effectively communicating with them, sharing clear expectations and holding them accountable for their actions.
- Responsible for participating, contributing, training, and reviewing the Best Practice Policies and Standards to include responsibility and accountability for Quality and Quality control.
- Represent the company in a professional manner.
Crane - Ensure operators are fully trained on operating maintenance, transport preparation, and assembly/disassembly of each crane that they may operate. Provides assistance in crane and rigging mobilization and set-up/tear down activities.
Grading - Inspect, maintain, and demonstrate use of one or more pieces of equipment, and use of safety equipment. Maintains grade using grade stakes, lasers, and GPS.
Laborer – There are no additional responsibilities other than what is listed above.
Structure - Must be familiar with concrete assembly and/or construction of various concrete forms, pile driving, concrete and anchor bolt placement.
Turbine Installation - This position will have an extensive working knowledge of all mechanical and electrical aspects of turbine installation on wind projects. They will supervise mechanical and tower cabling labor and installation and will be required to oversee one or multiple crews in the performance of all installation work. Involves climbing to insure crews are following procedures and practices spelled out in OEM and Blattner Energy manuals. Required to read and understand the turbine installation manual. Must possess skills to properly complete paperwork to fulfill both Blattner Energy and Owner/Vendor requirements. The position will require working knowledge of cranes, hand signals and load charts.
Additional Job Functions
- Recommends promotions and terminations of crew members to the Trade Superintendent.
- Enforces OSHA, MSHA, FRA, and DOT regulations for the site for all subcontractor crews and visitors.
- Performs other duties per supervisor’s discretion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a valid driver license and an acceptable motor vehicle driving record (MVR).
- Extensive travel is required throughout the United States with extended periods of time spent at jobsite locations (i.e. weeks or months at a time).
- Ability to know and understand drawings and specifications and can visualize what is being built from drawings.
- Ability to supervise and lead employees.
*All job offers are contingent upon receiving a negative drug/alcohol test result and a satisfactory physical examination designed solely to determine your physical ability to perform the duties of the positing being offered to you. Field employees are subject to random drug testing.
Apply | Back