DESCRIPTION: Maritime Mechanic/ Outside Machinist Helper
Must have US Navy Preventative Maintenance (PMS) experience. Prior Navy EN, DC & GS
This is a International Travel Position Pay Increase Upon Hire & Per Diem
- Must have a basic understanding of ship repair terminology and ship compartment location nomenclature.
- Must be able to write coherent reports describing the material condition of the ship as it pertains to the assigned work.
- Must be able to effectively confer job related information to the supervisor, improver, and journeyman.
- Basic understanding of machinery.
- Must have a rudimentary understanding of NAVSEA standard items. especially 009-24 for blanking and match marks.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals using US customary measurement system and metric system.
- One year of machinist experience in the maritime environment.
· PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the preparation of Objective Quality Evidence (OQE) as required by the work specifications or assigned by the supervisor or journeyman.
- Prep equipment and equipment foundations as directed.
- Assist with tool set up and removal.
- Keep blanking logs up to date. Routinely check the status of installed blanks.
- Run and remove lines and leads as required to accomplish work in accordance with OSHA and client safety standards.
A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. employees through Essential Staff Care. Available plans include:
· Medical / Prescription
· Dental Coverage
· Vision Coverage
· Short Term Disability Benefits
· Term Life Benefits
· Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!