MK Industries is hiring a Sheet Metal Worker in Newport News, VA
Why choose us?
MK Industries knows a company’s success begins with its employees, and your success begins with the right career move. With 25+ years of experience, we have grown to become an industry leader in the staffing and recruiting space.
Coast to Coast, we got you! For the past 25+ years, we have employed thousands of exceptional employees while partnering with top clientele in every industry nationwide.
MK Industries is urgently hiring skilled trades to join the MK team fulfilling hours throughout the area. Partner with your assigned Staffing Manager to gain access to available hours & ensure your needs are being met!
Start Date: ASAP
*INCREASED* Pay Ranges: $20.06 to $ 27.31 per hour, based on experience plus $120.00 a day per diem, non-local
Three years of experience as a first-class Sheet Metal Worker in installing foundations, ventilation, bulkheads, shipboard furniture, and sheet metal fabrication shop work.
Marine experience preferred. Aircraft/Industrial/Commercial sheet metal experience is acceptable.
1. Comprehending complex ventilation assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches includes weld symbols, material types, datum, and reference lines.
2. Ability to comprehend fractional and decimal dimensions using a ruler.
3. Ability to lay off piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
4. Ability to assemble piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
5. Experience working in a physically demanding environment.
6. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
7. Experience using small hand tools (electric drills, grinders, rivet guns) and shop equipment (drill press, press break, Shears, etc.).
- Consistent Work
- Industry-leading pay
- People First Culture
- Weekly Pay
Learn more at mkindustries.com and see a full list of available positions!
Ask about our referral program and earn rewards*
MK Industries is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.