What Makes this job Awesome?
In the role of Installer, you will be an integral part of our shop and field installation team working as an installer/welder/fitter. This position is the front-line company representative with our clients.
Your role is critical to the organization and will prove pivotal in the continued growth of Safeguard Industries. This position requires a dedicated and energetic person who is results oriented and capable of professional and detailed follow through.
How Will You Do This?
- Pick-up, transport, deliver materials to work site
- Installation of custom steel fall protection anchors, davits, rigging sleeves, guardrails, as required by job specification
- Installation of pre-manufactured, third party fall protection equipment
- Independently handle issues with customers in a professional manner and make sound decisions while in the field
- Complete daily reports/FLHA/toolbox meetings forms, as required
- Basic construction and workshop duties, to include structural welding, fitting, accurate layout and blueprint interpretation
- Basic equipment maintenance, as needed
- Journeymen installer with skill, ambition and field experience in the fall protection industry, including installation of fall safety systems at client sites
- Fall protection or construction related experience, specifically in structural steel
- Minimum 2 years steel erection/steel fabrication shop experience
- Preferred experience: Construction – Structural steel welding/fitting in the field and/or shop-- workshop - construction machine operation - structural building components - equipment maintenance-
- Previous experience in installation of fall protection equipment
- AWS certified welder, a plus
- Roofing experience, a plus
- Previous experience working at height
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, plans and blueprints
- Ability to communicate fluently with conversing, reading and writing in English
- Ability to drive long distances to work sites
- Desirable certifications: AWSD1.1 SMAW 3G & 4G - Fall Protection Certification – OSHA 10 minimum (OSHA 30 desirable) - Aerial Work Platforms Certificate, First Aid
- Ability to safely operate forklift, man lift, articulating boom lift
- Ability to work flexible work-hours, including overtime
- Ability to work in fast-paced work environment
- Work independently and as a team player
- Organized and punctual
- A positive, can do attitude
- Ability to problem solve and take ownership of your work and responsibilities
- Ability to travel up to 75-85%
- Ability to lift weights up to 50-100lb
- Valid driver’s licence required with a clean driver’s abstract, desirable
- Ability to pass comprehensive criminal background checks, including drug tests
- Ability to work safely at heights
Special/Particular Requirements (safety, physical, etc)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work at heights attained by climbing and use of equipment. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee may be required to lift up to 100 lbs. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Who is Safeguard Industries?
Safeguard Industries is a leading manufacturer, distributor and certified installer of engineered fall protection systems with custom structural steel fabrication capabilities. Safeguard Industries specializes in active and passive workplace fall protection safety systems. We offer a wide range of services including engineering services, site audits, steel fabrication, product sales, annual inspections and user training. Our Canadian Head Office is located in Calgary, AB and Our USA office is in Las Vegas, NV.
Safeguard Industries is committed to providing our customers with the highest level of service, so they’ll always choose us for their fall protection, custom fabrication, engineering and installation needs.
Safeguard has been providing Fall Protection and Safety Products and Services for over two decades. Initially offering fall protection, we later expanded into safety product sales, in-house freight services and now, Safeguard offers full steel fabrication services for any application. With decades of combined experience, we offer complete workplace safety solutions for any application.
What can We Offer You?
We are proud of our culture. We believe in our employees and understand that when they are engaged and they are happy - they will thrive and our business will grow.
- A strong, collaborative work environment
- Training, training and more training
- Development programs created to empower our team
- Life-long friendships
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, life insurance plan
Join our team and grow with us, there is a world of possibilities! Visit us at: www.safeguard-industries.com. Safeguard Industries is an equal opportunity employer