The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the management and oversight of the Initial Renovation process for newly purchased homes. The Senior Project Manager manages the Project Managers and oversee the management of the vendor base within their Metro Service Area (MSA). The Senior Project Manager is responsible for a number of key performance indicators including due diligence inspections timing, renovation quality, adherence to budget and associate and vendor performance.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of renovation projects
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Ensure timely completion of all renovations across the portfolio to minimize downtime and maximize rental revenue
- Manage appropriate staffing, contractor and vendor levels as necessary to minimize downtime and maximize rental revenue while controlling costs
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives
- Ensure all assigned rent ready units meet quality control guidelines
- Manage quality control program and reporting system
- Perform ongoing training of associates on newly developed process and procedures
- Control cost and perform unit turns within budget
- Comply with the Company’s national procurement policy and program
- Monitor and track the progress of all renovation projects in a detailed manner
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
- Accurately track and report all work
- Ensure all workplace safety standards and practices are upheld
- Assist in creation and circulation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting by making sure all information pertaining to duties is accurately reported or updated
- Ensure all properties are compliant with local, state and federal health and safety
- Establish and maintain relationships with third party renovation vendors
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis
- Developing and Tracking Budgets
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Performance Management
- Verbal Communication
- Time Management
- High School graduate with a valid Driver’s License
- 5 years or more years of experience as a senior superintendent, regional maintenance supervisor or production home customer service manager; regional or director level experience preferred
- Experience in managing multiple staff members over a geographic region
- Extensive knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Flooring, Appliances, Landscaping and Irrigation Systems as they relate to residential homes
- Mastery of general UBC building codes and rental property health and safety regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task
- Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision
- An effective team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include some weekends
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Basic computer skills. Experience in Excel, Word, Outlook and Yardi Voyager preferred
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.