All Durant, Oklahoma positions with Polk Mechanical have a competitive wage + $85 daily per diem. This project is expected to last about 18 months. Apply online ONLY please. While we look forward to meeting you, do not visit the job site to inquire about openings.
SHEET METAL JOURNEYMAN:
Fabricates, assembles, installs and repairs sheet metal products and equipment, such as duct work, plenums, air devices, louvers and air moving equipment. Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as shears, brakes, bending rolls, and punch and drill presses to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal. Uses spot welders, hand-held power tools, air hammers and hand tools to assemble duct work and other sheet metal assemblies. Installs duct work and sheet metal assemblies on work site according to blue prints and specifications using hand tools and portable power tools. Installs air moving equipment, such as air handlers, heat pumps, exhaust fans, and unit heaters. Inspects and tests installations for conformance with the project requirements.
- 4 years verifiable experience required;
- Understand basic math
- Work skillfully with tools, metals, and machines
- Visualize three-dimensional objects from drawings, sketches, or blueprints
- Work within precise limits and standards of accuracy
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often; and rate information using measurable standards.
- Must be able to: lift up to 50 pounds; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; climb and balance on ladders and scaffolds; and stand for long periods of time.