Position: Sheet Metal Mechanic (Fillet Welder)
Job Location: Newport News
Our team is dedicated to placing the best workers in the best positions!
We are currently seeking 1st Class Sheet Metal Mechanic to work in Newport News, Virginia. To be considered for this Sheet Metal Mechanic opportunity, you must have a minimum three (3) years of Sheet Metal experience in the shipyard.
- Able to obtain a Government facility security pass (DBIDS)
- Must pass drug test and E-Verify.
- Must have a clean background
- Must understand the layout of the ship and compartment identification basic reading, writing and math skills required
- Personal Protective Equipment: Hard Hat, Steel Toe Safety Boots, Safety Glasses, Gloves
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING
- Three (3) years of experience after achieving shipyard/journeyman status as a sheet metal mechanic.
- Ability to apply and interpret blueprints and welding symbols to properly join metals in accordance with specified procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to layout, fabricate and assemble sheet metals including but is not limited to, ventilation ductwork, storage lockers, shelves, habitability outfitting, metal joiner bulkheads and doors, messing work, laminate work and non-structural parts.
- Ability to perform basic geometry and trigonometry mathematical calculations.
- Repair on dredging equipment such as packing valves, pumps, and bottom door glands
- Disassembly and repair, or replacement of hydraulic cylinders; and crimping and replacement of hydraulic hoses, etc.
- Performs light welding duties, light machining and fabricates metal items for all types of equipment.
- Performs continual checks of lubrication of systems on operating equipment. Checks and records levels, temperatures and pressures and makes necessary corrections.
- Sheet Metal Mechanics must be capable of using hand and power tools safely and efficiently
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and military specifications
- All personnel in this group shall be graduates of high school or GED equivalence
A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. employees through Essential Staff Care.
Available Plans Include
- Medical / Prescription
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Short Term Disability Benefits
- Term Life Benefits
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit