License Journey Electricians
Location: Mentone, TX
Type: Full Time
General Information/Job Summary
Installs, maintains, and repairs a variety of electrical equipment. The License Electrician troubleshoots equipment to determine proper methods and materials necessary for maintenance and repair. They are responsible for knowing and following appropriate safety procedures to make safety checks and conduct safety meetings, and for coordinating with operation personnel regarding permits and clearances to initiate maintenance and repair activities. Under general supervision, installs, services, and maintains all types of electrical systems including power distribution substations, computer, coaxial communication circuits, fiber optics system, instrumentation systems, fire alarm circuits, lighting circuits. Provides basic instruction to supervised employees.
Provides own basic hand tools.
- Determines methods and materials needed to accomplish assigned maintenance, repair or
- Performs lock-out and tag-out procedures to secure switch gear and deactivate equipment and checks local switch point to ensure proper lock-out procedures are used.
- Dismantles equipment or devices to gain access to and remove defective parts or components.
- Troubleshoots, inspects, and maintains
- Uses several types of test equipment such as ammeters, voltmeters, and ohmmeters.
- Makes emergency electrical repairs, trouble shoots malfunctions and breakdowns; inspects work in progress and completed work for defects, fire hazards or other unsafe conditions.
- Familiar with the use of various types of conduits and fittings, cables, insulators, and other
- Works from electrical schematics, plans, and specifications in accordance with established procedures
- Removes and replaces operating
- Performs miscellaneous tasks that require manually moving materials, tools, and equipment and using hand tools and power
- Performs work area clean-up and safety-related duties.
- Completes paperwork documenting repair and maintenance
- Communicates with various personnel concerning initiation of
- Required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or designated
- Requires working in operating facilities and observing and abiding by additional safety policies and procedures.
- Terminate controls and power cables.
- Install conduit.
- Gives suitable assignments to
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four (4) years of experience in the heavy industrial industry
- Possess a valid drivers’ license with a good driving record.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and basic safety practices
- Journeyman Electrician State License
- On a continual basis, promotes an awareness of environmental, health and safety policies to ensure a safe working environment and ensures compliance with all accompany policies
- Ability to pass drug test as mandated by the Saulsbury Industries and Department of Transportation anti-drug program
- Must attend and successfully complete Saulsbury Industries safety training education
- Attends safety meetings and specialty training as directed by management
- Attends various training classes as may be assigned by management
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as
- Ability to take needed safety precautions in performing the
- Fire Resistant Clothing (FRC)
- Manual and finger
- Ability to see things clearly that are beyond arm’s reach. (Far visual acuity)
- Ability to see small
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work at heights above 20 feet. (Aerial lifts)
- Ability to climb 30-foot ladders without
- Ability to maintain balance on catwalks and narrow work
- Ability to stand for long periods of
- Ability to reach above the head while sitting or standing.
- Ability to reach below knees while
- Ability to stoop or kneel.
- Ability to work overtime each week.
- Ability to work at heights.
Please submit your interest by supplying your name, contact number, and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org or text the information to (432) 924-3966 or (432)381-8727.