With more than 1500 employees and 12 offices nationwide, Rogers is the largest self-performing electrical, data and lighting contractor in the United States. Rogers specializes ground-up electrical construction, to national rollout and remodel programs, preventative maintenance and installation needs. With 40 years of experience, licenses in 48 states, and over 2000 facilities constructed, we are constantly growing and looking for candidates to join our team!
Rogers is powered by our people. We have had the power to get the job done for almost 40 years because of our team members. As a family-owned business, we understand the importance of treating our team as extended family. Our team members are not here merely to support the business efforts, but our goal is for our team to thrive as individuals. Learning is built into every role here at Rogers. You’ll get mentorship from our leadership team and in return the ability to take ownership and grow your own professional pursuits.
We are currently looking for a Construction Electrical Project Engineer to join our team!
Why you should join us:
- Positive, team-focused, and inviting work environment with opportunities for advancement.
- Our foundation is built on a culture of helping each other out and genuinely caring about one another and the work we do.
- Health insurance – medical, dental, and vision
- Additional benefits to include: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401k with generous match, flexible spending account (FSA) and tax-tree health savings account (HSA).
- Paid-time off and paid holidays
- Collaborative office environment equipped with walking treadmills, open work space and casual office dress code.
- $100 employee referral bonus
- Other exceptional perks
What you'll be doing:
- Processing submittals.
- Processing RFI’s.
- Keeping up daily work tickets.
- Posting RFI’s and change orders.
- Tracking and managing change orders.
- Maintaining as-builts as work is completed.
- Documenting project issues/conditions.
- Maintaining organized and detailed project records.
- Submitting hours and cost codes.
- Obtaining permits, badges and access requests in advance
- Assists with preparing change orders.
- Manage project library.
- Participates in Project Reviews.
- Planning and executing project completion and punch list.
- Preparing specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Preparing invoices.
- Submitting O&M manuals.
- Assisting in development of full estimate.
- Managing schedule updates.
- Managing productivity reports.
- Identifying value added solutions & cost savings methods.
- Planning and maintaining project budget and schedule.
- Planning and maintaining Manpower forecasts in relation to budget and schedule.
- Planning and monitoring cash flow against cash expenses.
- Documenting project issues/conditions.
- Assisting in Field Inspections / productivity tracking.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
What we’re looking for:
- Preferred experience as an electrician, with knowledge or desire to learn and perform Electrical Construction Project Management job functions for construction projects.
- Preferred degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- Quality oriented & self-motivated with a “Safety First” mentality
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications required.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and through writing in a professional, courteous and knowledgeable manner
- Ability to prioritize tasks according to deadlines and urgency and complete them in a timely and professional manner and use good judgment when making decisions
- Ability to comprehend, summarize, edit and analyze data
- Ability to create, edit and analyze Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, PDF files and Power Point presentations
- Ability to create, navigate, search and update company systems (reports, quotes, invoices, emails, etc.)
- Proficient with computer applications related to database management and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to operate a smart phone, tablet or computer for time keeping and labor tracking
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis
Rogers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes everyone to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.