Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent, and six months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position will work with the civil crew assisting in installation/removal of silt fence, installing culvert pipe, placement of signs, layout of roadways, and assisting civil work where needed.
Essential Functions - CIVIL/GRADING:
- Assists with laying pipe, silt fence, fencing, and puts up signage.
- Loads, unloads, and stacks equipment and materials.
- Spots trucks or trailers.
- Sets up jobsite trailer and tears down at the end of the project.
- Garbage site clean-up.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Flagging if certified.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Job Functions - ELECTRICAL
- Perform site evaluations and general clean up.
- Perform all manner of manual labor.
- Use of hand tools and power tools as needed.
- Assist the apprentices and journeyman with the installation of ground grid and conduit.
- Assist the apprentices and journeyman with the installation of above ground conduit, grounding, buss work, equipment installation, etc.
- Assists the apprentices and journeyman with building stands and setting equipment including tightening of anchor bolts.
- Assists the apprentices and journeyman in steel assembly, including the torqueing and marking of the hardware.
- Assist with transport of materials around the jobsite.
- Assist the apprentices and journeyman with placing raceways inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pulling of insulated wires and cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares, and driving needed vehicles.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
*All job offers are contingent upon receiving a negative drug/alcohol test result and a satisfactory physical examination designed solely to determine your physical ability to perform the duties of the positing being offered to you. Field employees are subject to random drug testing.