At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
This position leads the manufacturing and related plant operations. Responsibilities are focused on the high-quality, on-time, cost effective delivery of products to Customers globally. The plant director will lead the team in implementing these strategies and achieving business objectives. Through effective leadership, he/she will drive continuous improvement in operating performance to deliver results and achieving established Key Performance Indicators.
1. Responsible for manufacturing strategy, operations and distribution for processing and packaging plant.
2. Ensure the highest possible quality of product by establishing and adhering to applicable standards and requirements including those established by ISO, FDA, GMP, CSA, ASME, TUV, STERIS Quality Systems, etc.
3. Oversee management of and drive continuous improvement activities through the deployment of lean tools with support from the Corporate Lean Enterprise team. Create a lean culture through effective management while striving for year over year improvements in KPI's.
4. Provide local leadership and performance expectations, measurement, and accountability consistent with corporate objectives. Provide necessary coaching and mentoring to develop both technical and managerial skills.
5. Develop staffing requirements and set priorities for production schedules based on new product introductions, integrations and acquisitions, equipment requirements and efficiencies.
Duties - cont'd
6. Develop proposals for capital expenditures and makes budget recommendations for the manufacturing operation.
7. Oversee and implement process improvements, plant layout improvements, optimization of machinery and automated or outsourcing improvements.
8. Promote and maintain positive employee and union relations while developing a culture of cooperation and open communication.
9. Develop and maintain a safe work environment consistent with OSHA and EPA standards.
10. Instill a Customer-centric culture across the organization.
11. Ensure the operations have the proper organizational structure and talent to support company strategic and tactical goals. Provide coaching, mentoring, and feedback to develop staff members’ managerial and technical skills.
12. Other responsibilities which may be assigned.
Regular tours on plant floor several times throughout the day; some sitting at desk, computer and/or meetings.
Education/License, Experience and Skills Required/Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required. MBA preferred.
- Training and/or certification in Lean is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of related manufacturing management experience with at least 5 years as a leader in a Lean manufacturing environment, required.
- Demonstrated competencies in Customer delivery/Customer focus, delivering results, organizational/problem solving, leadership, teambuilding, communication, interpersonal and finance/ business operations.
- Demonstrated technical skills to effectively lead the plant operations.
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.