Education Requirements: One year certificate from a technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: One year related experience.
Position Summary: Operates straight or articulated rubber tired tractor type vehicle equipped with roller to compact subgrade soils and gravel.
Essential Job Functions
- Inspects equipment to ensure it is in safe operable condition and any servicing has been completed.
- Starts engine, shifts gears, presses pedals, turns steering wheel, and pushes throttle to control and operate roller.
- Efficiently operates roller over unpaved earth.
- Properly reports any mechanical or safety problems with the equipment in accordance with company procedures.
- Greases, oils, and performs minor repairs on equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.