Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
Primary function of an Electrical Helper: Set up reel stands and spindles for a wire pulling installation. Keep work area clean and free of any work hazards and report anything unsafe to their supervisor. May bend conduit to include 90 degree, back to back, offsets, kicks, saddle bends with hand bender, electric bender and hydraulic benders.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Pull wire through conduit with assistance of other helpers under supervision.
- Under supervision, prepare the ends of conductors for pulling, using swabs and brushes.
- Assist in trench excavation, carrying, moving or retrieving materials and/or tools.
- Help move machine parts and materials to assist in assembly and repair of gear, generators and related equipment.
- May splice wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads, twisting wires together, and applying tape or terminal caps.
- May connect wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment, using hand tools.
- May assist in conduit installation.
- May connect power cables to equipment, such as electric range or motor, and installing grounding leads.
- May measure cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit using such tools as saws, pipe threading machine, and conduit bender.
- May assist in termination of wire.
- May install control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- May perform other duties as described under HELPER of other trades.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be able to demonstrate safe work habits in a construction environment
- Maintain knowledge of and explain the purpose of OSHA and how it promotes safety on the job
- Maintain knowledge of and explain the requirements of the National Electrical Code for bending conduit
At the heart of Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.
Click the Apply button above to be considered for the opening.