C.A. Jones is seeking a project manager for one of our shipyard work locations in Ashtabula, OH. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply (per diem available). This is a temporary position with the possibility to become permanent. Job responsibilities, requirements, and compensation / benefit information are listed below.
Project Manager Core Responsibilities
- Scheduling Resources- responsible for the schedule of labor, in-house and subcontracting for their projects. Ensure adequate staffing of each task. Track and ensure schedule milestones are met.
- Logistics - responsible for the logistical component of their projects including travel, materials and human resources.
- Change Orders- effectively manage change on projects resulting from an increase or decrease in scope.
- Regulatory – responsible for full compliance of all regulatory requirements.
- Improvement - review projects at completion and identify improvements to advance and employ solutions.
- 3+ years’ experience Marine Management (Port Engineer, Shipyard Superintendent, Project Manager, Sr. Engineering Officer).
- Experience working with skilled craftsman- welders, machinist and fabricators
- Understanding of Regulatory and Class requirements
- Ability to read, understand and work from basic drawings
- Solid computer skills- Microsoft Office - Excel
- Ability to work in a dynamic challenging environment
- Can Do Attitude
Our company offers:
* Competitive Wages (rate to depend on experience)
* Per Diem if you are a qualified non-local candidate
* Holiday Pay
* Vacation Pay
* Medical / Dental
If this advertisement is listed the position is still open. If you meet the above requirements and are interested, please forward your resume through the Indeed link. We look forward to hearing from you !
Job Type: Temporary
- project management, superintendent, or port engineer: 1 year (Required)