Casey Industrial is one of North America's leading industrial privately held construction and infrastructure companies celebrating 70 years of operations. Casey industrial builds process mechanical and electrical projects including Power Generation, Wood Products and General Manufacturing projects across the U.S. Delivering heavy mechanical and electrical construction projects under a variety of contracting methods, Casey Industrial has unparalleled expertise in design-build, P6 and CMGC and we are proud to have constructed some of North America's most notable projects.
At Casey Industrial, we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best talent. No matter your role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our success as we deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Here are just a few of the benefits you will experience as a part of Casey Industrial:
- Competitive Wages; Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance; Flex Spending Account; Short and Long-Term Disability; Wellness Program; 401k with a Company Match; Paid Time Off; Paid Holidays
General Job Description
The Field Engineer is responsible for supporting and assisting the Project Manager with administration and management of one of Casey Industrial’s construction projects. The role is often flexible depending on the specific project’s requirements, and the makeup of the project management team and support staff. On larger projects with a big team, the role may be more specific and specialized. On smaller projects, a more general, jack-of-all-trades approach may be necessary.
The Field Engineer should be evaluating the overall status of the project, searching for those things that have potential to negatively impact the project goals and objectives. Time constraints dictate that there is an effective working relationship with the Project Manager, with clear understanding of how challenges and opportunities are to be handled. Effective performance in this role requires a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the current project situation, as well as the project scope, purpose, and goals.
The role requires interfacing with all areas affected by the project including the client(s), distributors, vendors, and the ongoing strategic communication with project management regarding the status of the project.
- Assist the Project Manager with administering accounting, job costs, /Work in Progress (WIP) updates
- Secure drawings and specifications to support the process of obtaining bids from qualified subcontractors, selecting a qualified candidate, and negotiating the subcontract. As the work progresses, may be called to act as a liaison between the project team and the contractor.
- Oversee field change order and Request for Information (RFI) processes
- Development and preparation of schedule of values and invoices
- Utilize a good working knowledge of construction law, Casey Policies and Procedures, and have a comprehensive knowledge of the contract for the job at hand, including supporting documents such as estimates, budgets, and engineering design and specifications.
- When there is no designated Scheduler assigned to the project, this role maintains schedule through regular updates, with information obtained from the appropriate members of the team.
- Know the provisions, terms and scope of the contract. Maintain a contract “flow chart” identifying milestone commitments and any documentation requirements.
- Ensuring that all engineering drawings, specifications, and other necessary documentation received at the job site are correctly received, dated, filed, and distributed. Making certain that drawings are delivered to the appropriate Craft Superintendent prior to physical placement of work.
- Record and transcribe meeting minutes, act as a liaison with client project staff, generate correspondence, represent the Project Manager at meetings with the client, or any other supporting activity
- 2 plus years experience as a Field Engineer
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, such as Construction Management or Engineering- preferred
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and execute independently and maintain excellent rapport with team members
- Proficient in project scheduling, cost controls, tracking and reporting methodologies
- Knowledge of financial principles to quantify costs and benefits of projects, and to track budgets
- Demonstrated business skills including communication skills, relationship development, and business acumen
- Self-motivated; capable of taking initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments, and effectively manage deadlines
- Interpersonal and communication skills to coordinate team efforts, provide direction to team members, and communicate project objectives, parameters, status, and outcomes to stakeholders
- Written and verbal communication with ability to serve as a limited spokesperson for Company
- Willing to travel extensively and relocate to a project location for an extended period (typically 6-12 months)
- Ability to adapt and become an influential leader of Casey’s culture and values
Experience with Spectrum Construction Software and Primavera scheduling software is a plus
This position is a Full-Time salaried position. The schedule can vary based on the project requirements. Typically, 50 hours/week.