Position: Manufacturing Lead
Job Location: Brunswick, GA
Hutco Branch: Jacksonville, FL
Rate of Pay: $26.00 per hour $60 Per Diem
This position will be responsible for daily coordination for manufacturing products by leading a team of employees: organizing and monitoring workflow
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Reviews, accepts, and accomplishes work assigned by the manufacturing manager for completion in the leads assigned area.
• Leads by example for all employees assigned to area, including adherence to all Company work rules, procedures and policies. Expected to perform work on the projects according to their craft and oversee the other employees in assigned area. Accomplishes manufacturing project results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Completes production work as assigned by the manufacturing manager; by monitoring progress, resolving problems, and providing input on schedule and performance data.
• Responsible for ensuring the quality of work completed in assigned area. “Built right, first time” must become the mantra for all assigned work. This includes performing in-process inspections and final work review. Responsible for ensuring timely inspections for those outside their expertise.
• Ensures operation of equipment by notifying the manufacturing manager or maintenance of needed repairs, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and leading personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures. Items of safety concern are to be reported to the manufacturing manager for correction as required.
• Results oriented driver of the work assigned to their area. Ensure employees achieve maximum efficiency and quality without affecting the overall cost of the work.
• Notifies the manufacturing manager of processes and personnel that are not performing to standards or in accordance with Company policies or procedures. Formal disciplinary actions are the responsibility of the manufacturing manager or HR, but recording of incidents of tardiness, non-work behavior, and the like is required in order to provide objective evidence for discipline.
• Completes tasks assigned by the manufacturing manager in a timely manner
• Weekly meeting with the manufacturing manager to report progress on budgets and schedules. Give percentage complete for project progress.
• Provide direction on daily clean up with assigned teams.
• Provide commitments to the manufacturing manager on completion dates.
• Conduct morning meetings every day with assigned teams for safety/project needs.
• Provide guidance/training to all team employees for skill needs.
• Notify the manufacturing manager of any indirect charges needed, before they occur.
• Notify the manufacturing manager of roadblocks stopping the project immediately.
• Notify the manufacturing manager of rework hours needed.
• Notify the manufacturing manager of processes and/or personnel not performing.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Drug Free
• High School diploma or GED.
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ work experience in a heavy fabrication environment of which a minimum of five (5) years is in a supervisory capacity.
• Must have proven abilities to motivate, communicate, and maintain discipline of an industrial work group.
• Proficient in reading and interpreting blueprints.
• Must be conversant with MIL-SPEC requirements.
• Must have excellent organizational, planning, and communicating skills
• Ability to function within working conditions and physical requirements described below
• Coaching/Teaching others trade skills.
• Strong knowledge and experience with manufacturing, fabrication and/or assembly processes.
• Leading processes and implementing process improvement.
• Tracking budgets and schedules. Able to report status to the manufacturing manager.
• Deal with complexity and blue print reading
• Mentoring and good communication skills a must,
• Computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Project a plus).
This position has some supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. While working in the plant, the noise level is usually moderate to loud: however, while in office, the noise is moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or fell: reach with hands and arms; stoop, keel, or crouch; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand or walk.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Travel
This is a full-time position, and days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Due to time-sensitive manufacturing projects, overtime may be required. Little to no travel expected for this position.
A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. employees through Essential Staff Care. Available plans include:
· Medical / Prescription
· Dental Coverage
· Vision Coverage
· Short Term Disability Benefits
· Term Life Benefits
· Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!
Apply Online at www.hutcoinc.com
Send resumes to email@example.com
Hutco, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).