Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
Primary function of an Architectural Estimator: Prepare bids and submit proposals to acquire new projects meeting the goals of the Crowder Civil & Environmental business plan. Be a productive member of the Estimating Team.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
Pre Bid Process
- Review and understand project bid documents including plans, specifications, all related addenda and other relative correspondence as it relates to the area of your assigned estimate.
- Attend Pre-Bid meetings as required to gather all pertinent information related to a project and your assigned estimate division.
- Visit project sites to ascertain any local and project specific information that is needed to prepare a bid.
- Solicit participation from all required vendors and subcontractors and follow up to ensure timely delivery of quotes.
- Perform all necessary quantity surveys for your assigned area.
- Assemble the estimate for your assigned division.
- Understand the relationship between all trade divisions.
- Predict and enter labor, material, subcontract, and construction equipment costs for your estimate.
- Provide the bid sponsor with questions and clarifications in need of resolution in order to properly prepare your detailed estimate.
- Prepare for and attend all required plan reviews conducted by the bid sponsor.
- Prepare and attend all Bid Reviews conducted by the bid sponsor and attended by invited management.
- Prepare for Bid Day.
- Take extra measures to ensure quality and accuracy of quantity takeoffs and cost estimates.
- Be prepared to assist the Design-Build Bid sponsor with estimates based on less that 100 percent documents relying on experience and subcontractor/vendor relationships.
- Maintain a Vendor/Subcontractor database with the firms that we engage with in all areas.
- React to and coordinate with other estimators and the bid sponsor regarding issues discovered during the bid process.
- Prepare spreadsheets as required to evaluate all vendors and subs.
- Prepare spreadsheets to evaluate and compare subcontractors' bids to Crowder's self-performance of a portion of the project.
- Provide the bid sponsor with bid day support including your best estimate.
- Provide the bid sponsor with the information required to complete our bid documents on bid day.
- Support efforts to obtain Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) participation in our bids.
- Obtain prequalification information from subcontractors.
Post Bid Process
- On projects that we expect award, provide all estimate information to the estimating coordinator in preparation for a hand-off meeting.
- Prepare for and attend hand-off meetings to transfer information to the project teams.
- Respond to questions from the management teams as they begin the projects.
- Be prepared to assist project teams in a value engineering process.
- Receive and react to all feedback from the management teams as it relates estimate errors, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Be prepared to assist project management teams in any major change orders.
- Archive any information as required to be useful in future estimates.
- Build and maintain relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
- Visit ongoing projects to see the construction and relate that experience to future estimates.
- Attend all weekly estimating meetings to coordinates efforts with the estimating team.
- Train other estimators and be prepared to receive training from other estimators.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- 4 year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- 2 years estimating, engineering or similar experience related to architectural construction (CSI Divisions 04-10 & 12).
- Knowledge of means and methods related to architectural construction materials and methods including masonry, structural steel, miscellaneous metals, light gauge framing, wood products, thermal and moisture protection, doors and windows, finishes, specialties, furnishings, and pre-engineered buildings and structures.
- General knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control, and material pricing required.
- Ability to formulate and calculate mathematical expressions to obtain the desired quantity measurement and cost information.
- Read and understand engineering drawings, specifications, and bid documents.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, ProContractor (formerly Quest), Primavera, CoinsOA.
- Good communication and collaboration skills to effectively work within a team of estimators and managers completing complex estimates and bid proposals.
- Possess technical construction awareness regarding available products, means, and methods.
- Must be proactive and possess time management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to complete multiple estimates and proposals at one time.
- Ability to track job costs and maintain cost databases used for basis of estimates.
- Must be able analyze all aspects of assigned bids including subcontractor scope/pricing and labor productivity for self-performed work.
- Must be able to offer insight regarding project schedule for matters relating to architectural construction.
- Knowledgeable of available construction equipment and ability to utilize resources maintaining a database of equipment rental rates.
At the heart of Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.
Click the Apply button above to be considered for the opening.