Since 1947, Crowder has built a legacy of success in the construction industry. We work throughout the Southeast on heavy construction infrastructure projects ranging from bridges, dams, water and wastewater treatment facilities, power plants and other energy facilities. We are a general contractor who self performs civil, electrical and mechanical trades on both traditional and more complex alternative delivery projects.
As a family and employee-owned company, it is the spirit of not only doing the right things, but doing things the right way that is the true legacy of our founders and our people. Crowder is Building America and Proud of It® as reflected in our Mission Statement:
We are dedicated to superior performance and committed to making a positive difference for our clients, for our communities, and in the lives of our employees.
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today.
CROWDER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER
All Qualified Candidates including Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have reliable transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
Primary function of a Pipe Welder: Weld both carbon and stainless steel pipe in open-root V-grove joints in the 6G or any stationary position using filler rod and argon gas.
Rate of Pay: $32.00/hour
Schedule: 60 hours/week
Duration: 6-8 weeks
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Clean base metal for welding; identify and explain SMAW safety to anyone involved in the welding process.
- Set up welding current on arc welding machine and make selection of welding rods.
- Explain, to supervision, the codes governing welding and any imperfections that may arise during welding particular pipe.
- Partner with QC/QA in what non-destructive examination will be used.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have 4 years of verifiable experience as a pipe welder in industrial construction.
- Must be able to certify through Crowder’s quality assurance welding program or on the job site without the full set up of the shop environment.
- Must have a working knowledge of blueprints and weld symbols.
- Must fully understand the safety procedures for each weld and is responsible for all weld permits and that the fire watch is fully trained on what to do in case of a fire.
- Must be able to weld pipe or structural steel in any and all positions using stick rods, tungsten inert gas and flux core.
- Must be able to set up own argon purge line using the correct pressure and amps.
Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is designed to achieve that goal through access to the following competitive benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Tax-Advantaged Spending Accounts (HSA and FSA)
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings Plan
- Life/AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment